MARKETING/DESIGN/CONSUMER TRENDS/INSPIRATIONS Cognac & Brandy News for Consumers & Industry Experts
½ c water
1 chai tea bag
¾ c honey
1 cinnamon stick
1 star anise
2 cardamon pods
1 inch fresh ginger, peeled
2 whole cloves
4½ cl cognac
1½ cl rum
1½ cl single cream
1 piece nutmeg
1. Boil water and drop in the tea bag. Turn off heat and steep until the water is cool and the tea is very dark.
2. Remove tea bag and add honey, peppercorns, cinnamon stick, star anise, cardamom, ginger and cloves. Bring the liquid to a boil, and then reduce heat and simmer for 7 minutes or until liquid is a slightly thinner consistency than honey.
3. Remove from heat, cool for half an hour and then remove any whole pieces using a fine sieve.
4. Beat the mixture with egg white until frothy.
5. Add cognac, rum, cream and egg yolk; shake with ice. Grate nutmeg over the top and serve in a glass.