MARKETING/DESIGN/CONSUMER TRENDS/INSPIRATIONS Cognac & Brandy News for Consumers & Industry Experts
The annual auction called ‘La Part des Anges’ – the angels’ shares is happening this evening and organized by the National Interprofessionnel du Cognac (BNIC)
26 Cognacs will be auctioned to the profit of the French Order of Malta and local charities in Cognac.
Last year in 2011, the auction exceeded all forecasts, the grand Cognac charity auction raised a total of more than 100 000 €.
My 10 comments prior to the event:
1) This auction offers 2 types of cognac: some with more form than content, and some with more content than form.
2) There is a good number of vintage cognacs. Strangely mostly around 1970, 1971, and 1972.
3) My favorite presentation is CAMUS CUVEE 2-105.
4) Most sensible cognac is Normandin-Mercier ‘La Peraudiere’.
5) The cognac I would most likely favor as a gift to myself is DUPUY BORDERIES 1971.
6) The cognac I would most likely favor as a gift to others is Monnet Extra Capiello.
7) My favorite background story is Godet War Treasury.
8) The cognac I would most favor to taste is PINET CASTILLON GRANDE CHAMPAGNE 1840.
9) The cognac I am most excited to see here is REMY MARTIN EXTRA in a Limoges porcelain. Limoges is a special place with artists and artisans whose knowledge is unfortunately being compressed by the modern world. I hope Limoges will become again fashionable soon. This is an heritage we do not want to loose.
10) I hope Leopold Gourmel Vintage 1972 will auction for much more than 275 euros. This is a bargain!
The +++ about this event: this is a noble cause, let’s hope it does better this year in 2012. The cognac is the epitome of premium spirit. It is always a good news when it is presented in all its glory.
The — about this event: this event should be much more widely known and covered by the media. I think this is a big deal and I hope it will grow into something much bigger. Obviously, with time like ‘cognac’ it will get better – hopefully.
Source: Photos: www.lapartdesanges.cognac.fr